10 Questions to Consider when Choosing an IT Provider
Finding an IT provider for your business
The world of IT can seem daunting, especially when you don’t really know where to start. You want the best service, but how do you know what the best service really is?
To help answer that, check out our top ten questions to consider when choosing your IT provider.
1. How experienced is the company at providing a quality service? This question is key. There are many IT companies out there offering a list of services for varied types of businesses. So, it pays to do a little research into the company before you decide to take them on. There are a few ways that you can do a little digging: • Browse their site: does it look professional? Are the services clearly listed and explained? • Drop them an email: How informative is their response? Are they attentive to your enquiry? • Give them a call: Ask for clarification regarding their services. Do they seem professional, approachable and happy to help? A well established and experienced IT provider should be open, professional and attentive in their approach to new customers. They should outline their services clearly and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
2. What is the company’s reputation? Perhaps the company was recommended to you by a trusted contact, or perhaps you’re starting your search from scratch. Either way, it’s always a good idea to look at the reputation of the company if you are considering using their services. After all, this is your business – you want to know that you can trust your IT provider. One of the easiest ways to do this is to look for reviews and testimonials from other service users and find out what other people are saying.
3. Who’s behind the expertise? It’s easy to forget that behind all the flashy websites and impressive lists of IT services, there is a real-life team of people. When it comes to the crunch, these are the people you are entrusting with a vital part of your business’ success. Get to know them, their values and qualifications. Do they match the values you would expect from a dedicated IT team?
4. Will they make time for you? There will be some IT providers out there who simply want a lengthy client list in an attempt to catch the ‘bigger fish’ and/or to trample their competition with numbers. Think about what this would mean for you as their client. Look for an IT company who considers every one of their customers of equal importance. These are the people you want to work with – demand to be valued.
5. Are they reliable? Realistically, not every IT problem that a business will encounter can be fixed in an instant. But simply knowing what to expect from the start can offer that much-needed peace of mind. Make sure that your IT provider can give you a realistic turn-around for problem-solving and ask them how they intend to update you with progress.
Understanding your individual needs
6. Are we on the same page? It seems an obvious one, right? You wouldn’t expect to work fluidly with anyone unless they fully understood where you were coming from. The problem is, it’s such an obvious question that there is a danger of assuming the answer before you’ve even thought about it. Make sure your IT team is listening: if there is any risk of crossed wires, prompt them to clarify their understanding of your requirements if they don’t offer it directly.
7. How does the company really know what my business needs? A quality IT provider should have a strategy in place to really get to know your business. Do they offer a standard, ‘off-the-shelf’ package to all their customers, or can they offer bespoke services to better suit your individual requirements? For instance, here at Zenos, we offer our clients one month free so that we can get to know how your business works and advise as to which services would be of best value to you moving forward.
8. Am I ‘just another client’? No matter what service you are looking for from your IT solutions, make sure you are taken seriously. Avoid companies who seem inconvenienced by your enquiries and instead choose a team who encourage you to flag up any issues – no matter how small.
9. Are my business’ best interests priority? This is where a tailored service approach is crucial. IT packages that are solely based on business size or type are not always the best way to go. Look for a company that promotes a bespoke service based on the tone, values and selling points of your business, as well as sector and size.
10. Will the company go the extra mile to help? There will be times when the solution to an IT problem doesn’t come as quickly as others. If and when this is the case, take note of how the problem is approached. Speed isn’t always the best solution. A good IT provider should approach any problem, no matter how complex, with level-headedness, transparency, confidence, and reassurance.
Talk to us
At Zenos, we pride ourselves on our outstanding level of expertise, customer service and commitment. Our clients aren’t just another column on a contacts list. We understand that your business is everything to you, and we want to provide a service that is bespoke to your individual requirements.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about any of the services we offer, whether it be Cyber Security, Data Recovery, Social Media Management or more. We’d like to get to know you. How can we help?